Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15553 Discussions

How to configure the PCIe Hard IP block on a Stratix V GX FPGA Development Kit using Quartus.

JWrig25
Beginner

I have been trying to configure the IP block for PCIe on my Stratix V GX FPGA and I was following along the steps in this document https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/archives/ug-01097-1.3.pd... on page 2-3 which goes through the process of configuring the Hard IP through the MegaWizard Manager. I have followed all the steps in the process but whenever I try and compile the design in Quartus, I get the error: Error (11802): Can't fit design in device. Modify your design to reduce resources, or choose a larger device. I don't know why the design is not fitting on the Stratix FPGA when the design used and the process is all design specifically for Stratix V GX FPGA boards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

For the SV kit, you can use this reference design and see it fit correctly.

https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/14.0.0/Standard/an-690-pci-express-dma-reference-desig...

JWrig25
Beginner

Hi, I have tried to click on the documentation for that example but after I agree to the terms and conditions nothing happens. No files get downloaded. There doesn't seem to be any other relevant information on that site, I have tried the tutorial and that does not work either. I thought the issue might be my internet connection but I have tried two different wifi sources and the website does not load anything for either of them. Is there something I am missing? Thanks.

BoonT_Intel