Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

How to disable SignalTap instance?

NuvKFC
New Contributor I

I have a "SignalTap.stp" file which contains many signaltap instances as follows picture which contain two signaltap instances. 

NuvKFC_1-1635303373875.png

I only want to disable the first signaltap instance.

Could someone please tell me how do that? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

No there should be checkboxes in the Instance Manager at the top.  Maybe that's a Pro edition only feature because I have it.  Try right-clicking an instance to see if there is an option to disable an instance that way.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Disable as in remove the Signal Tap hardware for just instance 1 when you recompile the design?  There's an "Enabled" checkbox in the Instance Manager in the .stp file to disable individual instances.

0 Kudos
NuvKFC
New Contributor I

Hi sstrell

Thank you, sstrell, very much. Does the "Enabled" checkbox, you mean is as follows picture?

NuvKFC_1-1635753858770.png

I think that it only can disable signals that users don't want to see in the Signaltap. Am I right?

Or it also can disable whole instance?

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

No there should be checkboxes in the Instance Manager at the top.  Maybe that's a Pro edition only feature because I have it.  Try right-clicking an instance to see if there is an option to disable an instance that way.

NuvKFC
New Contributor I

Hi sstrell

Thank you, sstrell, very much. I can't find it. Maybe my tool's version is too old. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

May I know which Quartus version are you using? Quartus Standard also has the Enabled check box in the Instance Manager. 

0 Kudos
NuvKFC
New Contributor I

Hi RichardTanSY_Intel

Thank you, RichardTanSY_Intel, very much. I'm using the "Quartus13.1 full version". Does it's too old? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

That's 8 years old.  The option may not have been available back then.

NuvKFC
New Contributor I

Hi sstrell

Thank you, sstrell, very much. OK 0.0. I get it. If I can, I will try the newer version tool. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos