Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

How to disable a specific warning

OHarb1
Novice

I get megabytes of this warning.

What does it mean?

Can I disable it?

Warning (14320): Synthesized away node "top|fiddlybob|memory_rtl_1|auto_generated|q_b[4078]" File: /workspace/[deleted]/tmp-clearbox/top/975/altsyncram_v8j1.tdf Line: 114222

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kenny_Tan

There seems to be noway to do it without GUI.

We do have message suppression manager . It is a form of *.sff that recognized by the quartus. https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/qts/qts_qii52012.pdf but it GUI to handle the import and export.

looking into quartus_sh --qhelp -> report, it seems does not have this feature as well.

I will file an enhancement feature to our developer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kenny_Tan

This means that this node is not connecting to anythings. you will have to check the connection in your design.

You can suppress message by right click on the messages -> suppress

0 Kudos
OHarb1
Novice
  1. The warning is in code generated by Quartus: "altsyncram_v8j1.tdf". I can't connect the dots from what I did to getting this warning.
  2. I'm not using the user-interface, this is from a build server. I would like to suppress the files from the build log. Is there an option or tcl command to stop this warning from appearing during P&R?
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan
0 Kudos
OHarb1
Novice

Do you know what the option is called?

There are 41 references when I search for "warning", but none of them are about how to disable warnings.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

look for the keyword of suppress 

0 Kudos
OHarb1
Novice

All I found was this option, it's not precise enough to suppress individual messages:

-suppress_messages

Specifies whether or not to suppress simulator specific information and warning messages issued during compilation. This option does not apply to tool specific error messages. Messages that are suppressed do not appear in a log file, if one was specified. If this option is not specified, then no messages are suppressed.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

There seems to be noway to do it without GUI.

We do have message suppression manager . It is a form of *.sff that recognized by the quartus. https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/qts/qts_qii52012.pdf but it GUI to handle the import and export.

looking into quartus_sh --qhelp -> report, it seems does not have this feature as well.

I will file an enhancement feature to our developer.

0 Kudos
OHarb1
Novice
0 Kudos