Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

How to edit quartus.ini?

hcom
New Contributor II

I am following AN756 to try to implement a source-synchronous output interface (Arria 10, Quartus 21.3 Pro):

hcom_0-1647946140833.png

The lower block shows "Reference Clock from Core or from Dedicated Clock In Pin". However, a "core" (PLL-generated) clock failed to build... and eventually I found this explanation

Starting with Quartus Prime software version 17.0, the “Use core PLL reference clock connection” is no longer visible in the Arria 10 Altera PHYLite IP parameter editor.

To enable the “Use core PLL reference clock connection” (Quartus Prime software version 17.0 and later), please add the below INI in the quartus.ini file.

ip_altera_phylite_en_pll_core_ref_ck = on

a2t_allow_cascaded_pll_in_cpa_compensation=on

My first problem is I'm not sure where to find "quartus.ini". The closest thing I could find is quartus2.ini, which is located in the %USERPROFILE% directory (in Windows 10).

However, when I add the commands to that file, nothing seems to change. I have tried putting the commands in different places in the quartus2.ini file, changing to uppercase, changing whitespace, rebooting my PC, but nothing seems to work. I don't see any new option appear in Platform Designer:

hcom_1-1647946839043.png

and the build still fails with the same error:

hcom_2-1647946938505.png

How can I make this work?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Just create a text file named quartus.ini in your project directory.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Just create a text file named quartus.ini in your project directory.

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please create a text file named quartus.ini in the folder where your Quartus project is present. You can then add the suggested lines to that file.

Regards

0 Kudos