Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15469 Discussions

How to get Quartus Component Manager/Editor to recognize STD_ULOGIC???

SSaus
Beginner

Hello,

currently i am trying to generate a custom component with the Component Editor. I am developing for a Cyclone V E board and use Quartus version 19.1 Lite Edition.

My issue : after adding my VHDL files to the Synthesis list, analyzing them, and setting a top level modul, no interfaces or signals are recognized.

I figured out the programm does not recognize STD_ULOGIG, only STD_LOGIC. Is there any Workaround for this, i.e. settings or lines of code i can add to the top level to tell the editor, that it shall use my ULOGIC port?

Thank you guys in advance

SSis

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

From this article, it sounds like you just have to add the interfaces and ports manually:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/...

#iwork4intel

SyafieqS