Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

How to know which I/O standard support Schmitt trigger function?

NuvKFC
New Contributor I

I'm using Stratix III, IV and V devices.

Due to small glitch on PCB, I want to use the I/O with Schmitt trigger function.

But I don't which I/O support Schmitt trigger function.

Could someone please tell me how to find the related information?

Thank you very much. 

NuvKFC_0-1655699465554.png

Schmitt trigger:

NuvKFC_1-1655699583383.png

In the follow web, Stratix series devides don't support Schmitt trigger function.

Does it right?

I/O standards Definition (intel.com)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to Intel FPGA Community.

As far as I concern, only Stratix 10 among other Stratix devices has the Schmitt trigger functions. You can refer here Do Altera device input buffers have built-in Schmitt triggers? which mentioned that the Altera legacy devices that offer optional Schmitt triggers on the input buffers for user I/O pins are the MAX® II and MAX V device families only.

Regards,

Aqid Ayman

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to Intel FPGA Community.

As far as I concern, only Stratix 10 among other Stratix devices has the Schmitt trigger functions. You can refer here Do Altera device input buffers have built-in Schmitt triggers? which mentioned that the Altera legacy devices that offer optional Schmitt triggers on the input buffers for user I/O pins are the MAX® II and MAX V device families only.

Regards,

Aqid Ayman

0 Kudos
NuvKFC
New Contributor I

Hi AqidAyman_Intel

Thank you, AqidAyman_Intel, very much. I get it. 0.0... , Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
NuvKFC
New Contributor I

Hi AqidAyman_Intel

OK. Thank you, AqidAyman_Intel, very much.

0 Kudos