Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

How to run "Convert Programming File" with a TCL file?

Norick
Beginner

In Quartus 18.0 I can use the "convert Programming File" to convert my .sof to .rpd Files with the use of the Bitstream Encryption enabled. This configuration is stored in the conversion setup file as *.cof File. When I reopen the *.cof file and select properties of my .sof file, I see that everything is empty and greyed out. In other words my key files are not seen anymore. Furthermore the security options are enabled although Max10 has none of those security options.

Question:

• Do I need to select all key files again when reopening the .cof file or not?
  • When using a tcl file to open the stored .cof File, are the bitstream encryption with the key files automatically used or not?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi Norcik,

Once you set the following options in the Convert Programming File and save as .cof file this will retain the information:

1. Set "Generate encrypted bitstream" checkbox in "SOF File Properties: Bitstream Encryption" is checked

2. Set the EKP file path when the "Generate key programming file" is checked

3. Sets the paths of the Key files used under "Use key file" field

You can check from the .cof file as long it contains the following setting information then you don't need to repeat same setup the.

<sof_filename>test.sof<compress_bitstream>1</compress_bitstream><encrypt_bitstream>1</encrypt_bitstream></sof_filename> <ekp_file>test.ekp</ekp_file> <key_file1>test.key<keyid1>key1</keyid1></key_file1>

When you run the .tcl file to execute quartus_cpf -c <file_name>.cof command, this will generate the bitstream encryption with the key files automatically.

Regards,

Nooraini

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi Norcik,

Once you set the following options in the Convert Programming File and save as .cof file this will retain the information:

1. Set "Generate encrypted bitstream" checkbox in "SOF File Properties: Bitstream Encryption" is checked

2. Set the EKP file path when the "Generate key programming file" is checked

3. Sets the paths of the Key files used under "Use key file" field

You can check from the .cof file as long it contains the following setting information then you don't need to repeat same setup the.

<sof_filename>test.sof<compress_bitstream>1</compress_bitstream><encrypt_bitstream>1</encrypt_bitstream></sof_filename> <ekp_file>test.ekp</ekp_file> <key_file1>test.key<keyid1>key1</keyid1></key_file1>

When you run the .tcl file to execute quartus_cpf -c <file_name>.cof command, this will generate the bitstream encryption with the key files automatically.

Regards,

Nooraini