Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15475 Discussions

How to set SDC constraints with respect to a clock from pll clock mux inputs?

SK_VA
Beginner

I have two pll clock muxes.Each of them has two different inputs

Outputs from these plls are fed to another mux which selects the input clock to my logic.

I want to set max skew,max delay and min delay constraints for some output signals with respect to the input clocks to the pll muxes.

I tried something as below,but it constraints with respect to clock output of pll muxes.

set_max_skew -from pll_100MHz_1|altpll_component|auto_generated|pll1|clk[0]  -to [get_ports {output_sig}] 2.0

set_max_skew -from pll_100MHz_1|altpll_component|auto_generated|pll1|clk[0]~1 -to [get_ports {output_sig}] 2.0

set_max_skew -from pll_100MHz_2|altpll_component|auto_generated|pll1|clk[0]  -to [get_ports {output_sig}] 2.0

set_max_skew -from pll_100MHz_2|altpll_component|auto_generated|pll1|clk[0]~1 -to [get_ports {output_sig}] 2.0

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Currently I am reviewing the forum for any open questions and found this thread. I apologize that no one seems to answer this question that you posted. Since it has been a while you posted this question, I'm wondering if you have found the answer? If not, please let me know, I will try to assign/find someone to assist you. Thank you.

Regards,

Nooraini

GuaBin_N_Intel
Employee

Were those constraints not taken effect or have been ignored completely? Do you have any block diagram to illustrate how your implementation is?

SK_VA
Beginner

multi_clk.JPGI haven't solved the issue yet.Please see the attached figure of clock tree.

out_clk is the clock used for my logic.

I am trying to constrain the outputs wrt Cb1_clk1,Cb2_clk2,Cb2_clk1,Cb2_clk2 separately.

I am able to constrain wrt Cb1_clk and Cb2_clk (output of PLL muxes).

GuaBin_N_Intel
Employee

What are you trying to constrain? Setting clock frequency at that output of MUX or some sort of routing delay between end points.