Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15555 Discussions

Change Visual Studio to Eclipse IDE

NSuku1
Beginner

Hi!

I am using Intel High Level Synthesis compiler with Eclipse IDE. When I run the initialization command

init_hls.bat

I get to see the error "Visual Studio link.exe is not on the path". How can I configure it to use the Eclipse IDE instead of Visual Studio?

Thanks in advance,

Nivethaintel_hls.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Intel HLS requires Vistual Studio 2015 for compilation. Eclipse is mainly used for Embedded applications targeting NIOS & ARM. GCC toolchain on Windows is used for NIOS and ARM compilation only. If you'd like to use GCC toolchain you will need to use a Linux workstation and the Linux version of Intel Tools.

NSuku1
Beginner

Well, some docs suggested that you can configure Eclipse IDE for HLS development.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/xfy1510159781700.html

Because, I could not find Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 which was prescribed for Intel Quartus Prime Standard edition in my region. Hence, I installed with Eclipse IDE.

But, it looks like still I need to use the Visual Studio 2010 edition.

Please resolve this issue and give a clear answer.

Abe
Valued Contributor II

Well, the document also states that you need Linux to configure and work with Eclipse and HLS . On Windows platform you can only use Visual studio​