Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16559 Discussions

Change Visual Studio to Eclipse IDE

NSuku1
Beginner

Hi!

I am using Intel High Level Synthesis compiler with Eclipse IDE. When I run the initialization command

init_hls.bat

I get to see the error "Visual Studio link.exe is not on the path". How can I configure it to use the Eclipse IDE instead of Visual Studio?

Thanks in advance,

Nivethaintel_hls.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Intel HLS requires Vistual Studio 2015 for compilation. Eclipse is mainly used for Embedded applications targeting NIOS & ARM. GCC toolchain on Windows is used for NIOS and ARM compilation only. If you'd like to use GCC toolchain you will need to use a Linux workstation and the Linux version of Intel Tools.

0 Kudos
NSuku1
Beginner

Well, some docs suggested that you can configure Eclipse IDE for HLS development.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/xfy1510159781700.html

Because, I could not find Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 which was prescribed for Intel Quartus Prime Standard edition in my region. Hence, I installed with Eclipse IDE.

But, it looks like still I need to use the Visual Studio 2010 edition.

Please resolve this issue and give a clear answer.

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Well, the document also states that you need Linux to configure and work with Eclipse and HLS . On Windows platform you can only use Visual studio​

0 Kudos