Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15547 Discussions

How to stop Quartus Lite automatically naming new files ?

KTagh
Beginner

I am currently working on a simple project required for my class in where we build an Adder using Quartus Prime, but the tutorial our professor provided for us was for an older edition.

I have successfully made an Adder.v file that compiles with no issues. However, when I want to create a new file for the same project, the file names are automatically assigned to "Verilog1.v" or "Verilog2.v". It is important that I name this file "Adder_tb.v" because it is required for my assignment, but Quartus Prime is not letting me name the file whatever I want and it's really frustrating. What can I do here ? Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CalvinJoaz_P_Intel

Hi Kian,

Good day.

Kindly try the following steps below for creating new file for the same project.

1) File -> New -> Click 'Verilog HDL File' -> Click 'OK'

2) Click File -> Save As -> Change the File name: Adder_tb.v. 

I tried these steps it works for me.

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.