Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

How to use "set_max_skew" constaint?

NuvKFC
New Contributor I

As title. I had try set_max_skew command for following design. But it doesn't work.

And there is nothing to be reported by report_max_skew command in TimeQuest.

How to know that following constraints are true or fail?

Design:

module A (

input a, b;

output e, f;

wire c, d;

B B1(a,b,c,d);

B B2(c,d,e,f);

endmodule

module b (

input a,b;

output c,d;

assign c=a;

assign d=b;

endmodule

Constraint:   <-- I set max skew on the different group net a and b.

set_max_skew 1.0 -from [get_ports [list a b]] \

-to     [get_nets [list c d]] \

-include {intput_delay output_delay}

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Your syntax is wrong. The arrangements should be like below:

set_max_skew [-h | -help] [-long_help] [-exclude <Tcl list>] [-fall_from_clock <names>] [-fall_to_clock <names>] [-from <names>] [-from_clock <names>] [-include <Tcl list>] [-rise_from_clock <names>] [-rise_to_clock <names>] [-through <names>] [-to <names>] [-to_clock <names><skew>

For more information you can enter set_max_skew -long_help or refer here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/13.0/mergedProjects/tafs/tafs/tcl_pkg_sdc_ext_ver_1.0_cmd_set_max_skew.htm

You could also try generate the command through GUI. On Timing Analyzer go to Constraints>Set Max Skew and you can edit the details.

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
NuvKFC
New Contributor I

Hi Nurina

Thank you, Nurina, very much. You said the syntax is wrong. it means I can't use list command which Tcl command?

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hello,

We did not receive any response to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

P/S: If you like my comment, feel free to give Kudos. If my comment solved your problem, feel free to accept my comment as solution!

0 Kudos
NuvKFC
New Contributor I

Sorry Nurina, I was busy on others project. I forgot this question. I'm sorry. Does today over the deadline?

0 Kudos