Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

In Prime Pro 19.1 -- IP Catalog -- Invoking "Fixed Point Functions Intel FPGA IP", entering a name and clicking OK crashes.

LJohn21
Beginner

I am targeting a stratix 10 device.

I want to use the parallel adder, but after entering the name, the application disappears. No warning or message. Tried on two machines with different security measures. (Bit defender versus Norton) Both Win 10 fully updated. ​ The main quartus window remains open. I can repeat this reliably. Checking Windows logs I find no events recorded at the time the closure occurred. Checking the security software logs, I find nothing blocked. Can you replicate? If so, what is the fix?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi John,

Sorry for the inconveniences caused.

We acknowledge the issue.

I will submit bug entire for this issue. Hopefully we can get temporary solution / Issue will be fixed in next quartus release.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
JosephC_Intel

Hi John,

We communicated internally about this error. Currently, there is no plan for workaround at this point. Will let you know once we come to a decision for your issue.

Thanks,

Joseph

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JosephC_Intel

Hi John,

As per our internal engineering information, this is due to the XML parser doesn't recognize the devices element. We are in schedule to fix this in 19.3 release.

Appreciate you to use Intel Community as reporting platform. We will closed this issue for now and hope to see you in future forum post.

Thanks,

Joseph

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos