Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Intel Quartus Prime(Lite Edition) unable to compile code

areebTAG
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to compile& simulate VHDL code for a multibit adder along with its testbench. The code is tested in Questasim and it works fine however Questasim is giving errors which I can't quite figure out how to fix them. 

If anyone knows how to fix these, that would really help. 

My code and screenshots of the error is attached in this question. 

areebTAG_0-1645515480729.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Those aren't errors, only warnings, so they should not prevent compilation in Quartus.

Your design is purely combinatorial, so that's why there's a warning about no clocks.

I don't know how you have your Quartus hierarchy set up, but you do not compile a testbench in Quartus.  That's only for simulation, so don't include the tb file in your Quartus project.

0 Kudos
areebTAG
Beginner

so what about if you wanted to simulate you code first using Questasim? Intel Quartus does the option for running a rtl simulation, correct?

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Quartus can generate script files so you can simulate in Questasim.  It doesn't do a simulation compilation.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

May I know any update?

0 Kudos
areebTAG
Beginner

yes its fixed by doing the pin planner

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.
I'll now transition this thread to community support.
If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Sheng

0 Kudos