Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Interconnecting busses of different elements ?

Rkhan31
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to make a simple project with Quartus prime Block diagram/Schematic file. I am wondering how to connect two busses which are of different sizes. For example I need to connect an 8bit bus Test_bus8[7..0] to a first 8 elements of a 32 bit bus say Test_bus32[31..0]. How is this done? Also is it possible to connect the 8bit bit bus to element 8-15 of the 32 bit bus? Is there a way to map the elements of one bus to elements of the other bus?

Are there any documents/tutorials which cover these basic elements about the software?

Warm Regards

Rohit

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Yes, this feature is available in Quartus simply mention the bus names with specific bus width, here example like Test_bus32[15..8].

please refer the link below for your reference & try to apply to your schematic & if you still unable to do provide the project file or screenshot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEyEgzEwsI0

Regards,

Vicky

Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Have you resolved the issue?

Should I consider that case to be closed?

Regards,

Vicky

Rkhan31
Beginner

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for the response. The video solved my doubts. Feel free to close the case.

Regards

Rohit

0 Kudos