Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

MAX10 programmed with POF won't start

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Device in question is 10M04SCE144.  

I am using Altera's for last 30 years or so, so I am pretty familiar with it. Now I have a new project, using MAX10 device for the first time. I've downloaded Quartus 17.1 Lite, created a test project (blinky) which works when SOF file is downloaded. However, whatever I do, I can't get it running when I program device with POF file ( programming and verifying completes without errors, btw). Please note that the configuration-related pins are disabled (all in user I/O mode). 

I guess I am missing something, but can't figure out what can it be, so any help/suggestion is highly appreciated.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What is your configuration setup? Are you saying you're putting the .pof in the on-chip flash? More details necessary, I think.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

What is your configuration setup? Are you saying you're putting the .pof in the on-chip flash? More details necessary, I think. 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, I am putting .pof file into on-chip flash. Regarding configuration settings, see attached screenshots. 

I have installed Q17.1-lite. Is there any limtation regarding .pof file creation with .-lite versions? For older releases, used WEB-editions, which does not exist for 

Q17. Perhaps that's the reason, or...?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Your screenshots are too small to see. What is your Programmer setup?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Your screenshots are too small to see. What is your Programmer setup? 

--- Quote End ---  

I've posted full-resolution images in PNG format. For some reason they are shown smaller than they really are if you just click on them. 

Now I tried again with JPG - it seems to be OK.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

OK, so what is your Programmer setup?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

OK, so what is your Programmer setup? 

--- Quote End ---  

See attached screenshot, although as I said - programming & verification passes without errors...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm pretty sure you should have only the checkbox for the CFM0 enabled in order to put the .pof into it and then reset the device.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

OK - mistery solved. It was a missing pull-up on CONF_DONE pin. Missed that part of the configuration guide and (wrongly) assumed that if the pins are programmed as user I/O they have no function during configuration...:(

0 Kudos