Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Max+Plus II with parallel T-Guar, missing license file

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello first. 

We made years ago a FLEX8000-Design with Max+Plus II. Now we need to do a slight change in the design, but we can not find our corresponding license.dat in our inventory. With the Baseline-Version we are not able to edit FLEX-8000, neither with the Quartus-Version . 

Only the Dongle is here. 

Question: Can we edit the license-file for the Baseline-Version with the informations for the dongle? 

Maybe some of you had the same problem. 

Thanks for every help or suggestions. 

Urs from Sersa
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I highly recommend you contact your FAE or Intel via mysupport to fix this. I doubt you will get much help on the forum.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Sersa, 

You cannot simply modify the license.dat files, what you need to do first is go to self service center to see if you can generate the license.dat base on your dongle number. If you cannot generate the license, you need to contact the customer service in the same page. 

you can go to https://www.altera.com/ click on support -> self service licensing center 

Thanks, 

Best regards, 

kentan 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

We are trying hard to bring our system again to function. 

Now i'm one little step further, but earning the error-message:  

"cant open file f8820160.ddf" 

where can i get this file? 

Regards 

Urs
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Wouldnt that be a part of your design? shouldnt it exist in the project?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This must be in the "maxplus2" folder, so i think it should be part of the program as a device-description (we use EPF8820AQC160).

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have you tried re-installing Max Plus 2? 

Also, With Max Plus being so old, it only officially supports windows XP - so you may need to find a machine with XP to run it, or run it in a virtual machine.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I get the files in Max90, check whether you have this files in your maxplus before you copy and paste the files there. 

Thanks 

Best regards, 

kentan 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation) 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you very much, kentan. 

Your files have been missing, they are now maxplus2 folder and the compiler makes now a bigger step, but stops again with the messige for the next missing file: 

f8820a.dmf 

Maybe you can supply this too? 

Regards 

Urs from Sersa
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes reinstalling, and we try Win7-64 and XP in parallel. I came very far now with the compiler, but there are now some missing f8820xxxxx-files.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

First, thank you all, who wrote here. 

The solution was very simple when looking back: 

accidentally i found the altera ftp-server and there was the paradise. :) 

I downloaded the Full version 10.20, update to 10.23, took another licence we had from early years (not for the dongle). 

Our FLEX-8000 (EPF8820AQC160) could be now edited and compiled -> and it works with Win7-64. 

Fantastic, but i had 2 nights with no sleep in front of my PC to finally find such a simple solution. 

:) 

Greetings from Switzerland 

Urs from Sersa
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It is great to hear that

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear kentan. 

Thank you for your help. 

Yes, the whole thing was based on the missunderstanding, that the Baseline-Version could be easily switched to a full version. I really mean, i had read this in some Altera-Papers. 

So, we made our trials always wit Baseline..... 

Now we are very happy with the actual V10.23 and a modern Win7-PC. The compilation-time of our project has now increased from 19 seconds (2002) to less than 1 second! ;) 

Greetings 

Urs from Sersa
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You may need to find a machine with XP.

0 Kudos