Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

MegaWizard Plugin Manager becomes unresponsive

TMich2
New Contributor I

Version 18.1.0 Build 625 09/12/2018 SJ Lite Edition (Linux) on Ubuntu 18.04 is working until:

• Select IP Catalog using PLL as a search,
  • Select ALTPLL, the megaWizard Plugin Manager pops up,
  • change inclk0 value, the dialog locks up. Any user input locks up the GUI
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TMich2
New Contributor I

Agreed, if it is resized before any input is done there is no lockup. That was my reply 15 days ago...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Kenny_Tan
So far I can see you only try on PLL. Can you try other megawizard? this can narrow down to see if it only cause by PLL only.
0 Kudos
TMich2
New Contributor I

OK, will try several others.

0 Kudos
EIbra
Novice

Try do not resize MegaWizard window.

I had same problem with some.

0 Kudos
TMich2
New Contributor I

Seems that most MegaFunction do lockup at some point,when an input changes the dialog size. I did try LPM_MUX, changed the number and was allow to progress to the next screen, but locks up after that.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Make sure your Java is up-to-date.

0 Kudos
TMich2
New Contributor I

Have the openkdk installed: openjdk 10.0.2 2018-07-17

If the window is enlarged in the horizontal direction there is no lockup.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan
Hi, can you make sure the below? 1.Install Java from Oracle. Java version after install is: java version "1.8.0_121" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b13) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode) 2. Try to install Quartus in a directory path that has no uppercase letters. 3. Right after Megawizard is opened, stretch the window out a little (drag a corner) and make it so scrolling is not necessary. 4. make sure when you launch quartus, there are no error message showing lib is missing. I was able to duplicate the hang when use workaround 3, it works.
0 Kudos
TMich2
New Contributor I

Agreed, if it is resized before any input is done there is no lockup. That was my reply 15 days ago...

0 Kudos