Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Modelsim Altera Functional Simulation Problem: Error: (vsim-13) Recompile work.PROJECTNAME because work.PROJECTNAME_data_type has changed.

BMcLa1
Beginner

Hi Everyone,

I am having problems using the functional simulation tool when testing a given waveform input. I was not previously experiencing problems with this tool, but since I started using a package to define a custom type, and implemented it using the work library in my architecture (same as shown here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28187621/how-to-declare-output-array-in-vhdl), I have run into the errors shown below:

intel_troubleshoot.png

I was wondering if someone would be able to advise me please?

Many thanks,

B

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

This may be due to libraries that are used for simulation are precompiled and need to be refreshed.

Inside the Modelsim GUI, Go to the library tab inside Modelsim, right click on the work library and select refresh.

Let me know if it helps.

0 Kudos
BMcLa1
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you very much for your advice. I tried refreshing the work library and re running the functional simulation. Unfortunately, I still receive the same errors.

I was wondering if you have any other suggestions please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

How about rebuilding your ModelSim project?

0 Kudos