Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Multi-phase data recovery design constraints

L982123
Beginner

Hi,

I have a design where an input is being oversampled by using multiple phase outputs from a PLL.  To make this work I need to ensure that the skew between the input and each sampling register is at a minimum.  I have tried using the set_max_skew constraint, but this seems to have no effect on the fitter results.  Is there a known method for implementing this correctly using design constraints?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Does the skew value in the report_skew report less than the value you set using set_max_skew? Can you check if this constraint is being ignored and listed in the Ignored Constraints report? Have you tried setting the clock to global signal?

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos