Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

NIOS II QSPI reset vector

tlindsay
Beginner

I want to boot NIOS II from QSPI on a MAX10.

I am fallowing these documents as a guideline:

Section 5.2.4 from: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/nios2/edh_ed_handbook.pdf

Section 1.5.3 from: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an730.pdf

The point where I run into a problem is on selecting the reset vectors for the NIOS II. In all the examples I have looked at they show the QSPI being listed in the reset vector drop down box. However in mine it is not listed.

RestV.png

I have the "Generic QUAD SPI controller II Intel FPGA IP" populated in platform designer and have even been able to communicate with the QSPI memory from inside my NIOS application.
QSPI.png
However, I want to be able to boot from the QSPI. What am I missing to have the QSPI populate as an option in the NIOS II reset vectors.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BDarji
New Contributor I

Hello,

It looks you have not connected Nios II Instruction master to 'avl_mem' port of that controller. Hence, it is not appearing there. 

Thank you.

tlindsay
Beginner

*face palm* Thank you BDarji.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @tlindsay,

Thank you for posting and sharing the finding in Intel community forum, hope this message find you well and apologies for the delayed in response.
Good to know that it is working now, since there is no further clarification on, this thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have new queries, please feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts, and we would be right with you. Otherwise, the community users will further help you with doubts in this thread.

Best Wishes
BB 

0 Kudos