Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

tcl in system mem editor

s002wjh
New Contributor I

is there a guide on how to use tcl to rd/wr to mem ?

i try something similar to this, but with my own device name under quartus Tcl console, but it output error "quartus_stp"     

so i guess whats the proper way to run in-systme memory editor via tcl console or command line?

begin_memory_edit -hardware_name "USB-Blaster \[USB-0\]" -device_name "@1: EP1S25/_HARDCOPY_FPGA_PROTOTYPE (0x020030DD)"

write_content_to_memory -instance_index 0 -start_address 575 -word_count 2 -content "0000001011011100" 

puts [read_content_from_memory -instance_index 0 -start_address 575 -word_count 2 ]

write_content_to_memory -instance_index 0 -start_address 575 -word_count 2 -content "E2F1" -content_in_hex

puts [read_content_from_memory -instance_index 0 -start_address 575 -word_count 2 -content_in_hex]

end_memory_edit  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

You may checkout the user guide here Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition User Guide: Scripting

Look for these tcl commands in the attached image.

ShyanYewT_Intel_0-1616560860789.png

s002wjh
New Contributor I

i try that didn't work.  actually the above code are example from altera, i just modify a bit for my dev board device.   does quartus tcl console accept command such as  begin_memory_edit ?  it always output quartus_stp error.

s002wjh_1-1617395171790.png

RichardTanSY_Intel

The error message indicate that you need to run the tcl script using the executable command: 

quartus_stp

Usage:

quartus_stp [-h | --help [=<option|topic>] |v ]
quartus_stp <project name> [<option>]
quartus_stp -t <script file> [<script args>]
quartus_stp -s
quartus_stp --tcl_eval <tcl command>

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

RichardTanSY_Intel

If you type help in the tcl console, it will displays a complete list of available Intel® Quartus® Prime Tcl packages available in tcl console. 

Unfortunately, you will found that the quartus_stp packages is not available in the tcl console so you can't use the insystem_memory_edit tcl script directly in tcl console. You may need to run it using command prompt.

Fyi, for best results, run shell commands and Intel® Quartus® Prime executables from a system command prompt outside of the Intel® Quartus® Prime software GUI.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

RichardTanSY_Intel

I believed that I have answered your question.

With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan