Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

tcl in system mem editor

s002wjh
New Contributor I

is there a guide on how to use tcl to rd/wr to mem ?

i try something similar to this, but with my own device name under quartus Tcl console, but it output error "quartus_stp"     

so i guess whats the proper way to run in-systme memory editor via tcl console or command line?

begin_memory_edit -hardware_name "USB-Blaster \[USB-0\]" -device_name "@1: EP1S25/_HARDCOPY_FPGA_PROTOTYPE (0x020030DD)"

write_content_to_memory -instance_index 0 -start_address 575 -word_count 2 -content "0000001011011100" 

puts [read_content_from_memory -instance_index 0 -start_address 575 -word_count 2 ]

write_content_to_memory -instance_index 0 -start_address 575 -word_count 2 -content "E2F1" -content_in_hex

puts [read_content_from_memory -instance_index 0 -start_address 575 -word_count 2 -content_in_hex]

end_memory_edit  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

You may checkout the user guide here Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition User Guide: Scripting

Look for these tcl commands in the attached image.

ShyanYewT_Intel_0-1616560860789.png

0 Kudos
s002wjh
New Contributor I

i try that didn't work.  actually the above code are example from altera, i just modify a bit for my dev board device.   does quartus tcl console accept command such as  begin_memory_edit ?  it always output quartus_stp error.

s002wjh_1-1617395171790.png

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

The error message indicate that you need to run the tcl script using the executable command: 

quartus_stp

Usage:

quartus_stp [-h | --help [=<option|topic>] |v ]
quartus_stp <project name> [<option>]
quartus_stp -t <script file> [<script args>]
quartus_stp -s
quartus_stp --tcl_eval <tcl command>

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

If you type help in the tcl console, it will displays a complete list of available Intel® Quartus® Prime Tcl packages available in tcl console. 

Unfortunately, you will found that the quartus_stp packages is not available in the tcl console so you can't use the insystem_memory_edit tcl script directly in tcl console. You may need to run it using command prompt.

Fyi, for best results, run shell commands and Intel® Quartus® Prime executables from a system command prompt outside of the Intel® Quartus® Prime software GUI.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I believed that I have answered your question.

With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos