Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Need Quartus II 12.1

XD3
Beginner

Hello,

We have an Arria V Starter Kit Board.  And the kits that come with it have Board Test system, clock control utilities.  We installed Quartus II 13.1, and those utilities do not work with 13.1.  It says I need the required version of Quartus II.

From another thread, someone else solved this by installing the Quartus II version that the kits package came with, which is Quartus II 12.1.

however, 12.1 has been discontinued, and I'm not able to download it.

Could I have the link to download 12.1? Or have link to Arria V Starter Kit board's kits package that would work with 13.1?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

12.1 is no longer available for download from Intel.

13.0sp1 and 13.1 are downloadable, to support older devices.

17.0 and later are still available for download.

0 Kudos
YEan
Employee
0 Kudos
XD3
Beginner

Hi YEan,

Thanks.  But we have 30+ ArriaV starter kit boards, and the board kits (Board Test System, Clock control and power monitor) utilities doesn't work with 13.0 or 13.1.  It seems to only work with 12.1.

Are we out of luck?

0 Kudos
YEan
Employee

Hi,

You may try to open a ticket with Intel Premier Support https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/current/index.htm#reference/glossary/def_phone.htm to request for older version of Quartus.

Thanks,

Ean

0 Kudos
blockj
Beginner

Were you able to get version 12.1?  I am in a similar boat of needing it to work with an old dev board.  Did you end up having to contact intel premier support?

Thanks

0 Kudos
XD3
Beginner

I had to request permission to get access to Premier support, and was denied twice.  So not even able to get Premier support.

0 Kudos