Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Netlist generation fails due to unlicensed encrypted core... how to figure out where it's coming from?

NWein
Novice

Device is Cyclone 10 GX, Quartus Prime Pro 19.3.

I'm trying to generate an IBIS file so I can do some board sim in HyperLynx. The netlist generator is complaining of unlicensed encrypted file, but I can't figure out what encrypted file is being included in the design. A typical error looks like this:

• Error (204009): Can't generate netlist output files because the license for encrypted file "C:/<private_details_deleted>/root_partition/19.3.0/planned/1/netlist.model Vendor: Intel FPGA QDB (6a81) Product: (bcec)" is not available"

During compilation I get this message:

hdmi_error.png

The problem is... Although I am using the Altera HDMI receiver IP core, I have stubbed out the one encrypted IP component that's in there. It is not in the build. How can I figure out what file is triggering that message?

I went so far as to search through my source tree for any encrypted files, and confirmed that they all reside within the one IP core that I stubbed out.

Looking at the IP Cores Summary in the compilation report, I see a bunch of licensed cores, and they are *all* Signal Tap. I don't know if they are causing problems as well, or not. Small problem: I also do not have Signal Tap enabled in settings. Why are these cores showing up here at all?

So, once again: how can I tell what file in my project is encrypted and causing this problem? The tool doesn't seem to be telling me anything useful.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Nell,

1. You can check the license status of all IP in an Intel Quartus Prime project by viewing the Assembler report and click  Encrypted IP Cores Summary.
  2. Remove HDMI IP core from your qsys design and regenerate the system.and you have included .qip/.qsys file in your project befor compiling design delete db and incremental_db.

Regards

Anand

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Nell,

1. You can check the license status of all IP in an Intel Quartus Prime project by viewing the Assembler report and click  Encrypted IP Cores Summary.
  2. Remove HDMI IP core from your qsys design and regenerate the system.and you have included .qip/.qsys file in your project befor compiling design delete db and incremental_db.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
NWein
Novice

Thank you, I found the problem.

The HDMI IP core was being included among the PD IP files. I had generated that a long time ago when I was experimenting; it hasn't been used for months but the file was still there, screwing things up even though it was not actually being used in the design. I removed it and now things are behaving as expected.

0 Kudos