Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15461 Discussions

New constraints requirement in 20.2 pro

RZhen11
New Contributor I

Dear all,

I have a project with a lot of weirdness in 18.1 std edition. I went to 20.2 pro for exploration. All IP cores are regenerated.

First thing I found is "timing not met", timing analyzer reports whole lot of violations in clock crossing with one end at XCVRs.

The project was timing closed in std edition. And I imagine the .sdc in XCVR (auto generated) is sufficient).

Is this expected?

Some examples of the required new constraints:

set_false_path -from [get_clocks {Rx_Serdes|xcvr_native_a10_0|g_xcvr_native_insts[0].twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|inst_twentynm_pma|out_clkdiv_rx}] -to [get_clocks {SPI_Clk_v}]
set_false_path -from [get_clocks {Serdes_inst|TX_loop[0].SerdesTX_inst|xcvr_native_a10_0|g_xcvr_native_insts[0].twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|inst_twentynm_pma|gen_twentynm_hssi_pma_tx_cgb.inst_twentynm_hssi_pma_tx_cgb}] -to [get_clocks {Serdes_inst|TxClk_inst|iopll_0|altera_iopll_i|twentynm_pll|outclk[0]}]

Please advise, 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Can you share the design for investigation?

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

RZhen11
New Contributor I

Hi KhaiChein,

Thanks for your attention, unfortunately I can't put the entire project on public domain.

So far, I don't see much benefits for using PRO edition for my project.

I'll probably roll back and stick with STD edition.

Regards,

Ethan

KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi Ethan,

Sure. I will transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best regards,

KhaiY