Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15479 Discussions

Path delay between two nets

TRoa
Novice

Hi,

I have a big Verilog based design. There is a computational block in there in the design. For example one like below:

module (aa,bb,cc,dd);

input aa ,bb, cc;

output dd;

assign dd = cc ? aa : bb;

endmodule

Now, I just want to know that what will be the path delay from aa to dd? Simple.

I am trying to use Timing Analyzer. But there are many options that I am getting confused(its my first time using this tool). I am working on Cyclone IV E device.

Can anyone give a hint how to achieve that?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kenny_Tan

Timing analyzer analyse path base on register to register. What you need to do is to add aa bb cc dd as a register and write the correct constrain of it.

Since you are new to timing analysis, my suggestion is to look into the training module here

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/course/odsw1115.html

Make sure you click on the follow on courses. Thanks