Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Platform Designer: Unreasonable amount of virtual memory when running under Linux

SLabe
Partner

For Quartus Pro 20.4

Under Windows 10 the tool uses about 2GB of memory and runs smooth.

Under Linux it uses 20GB (!) and is essentially unusable.

Anyone else experience this? Any recommended solutions?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SLabe
Partner

Note that these are actual physical memory numbers. Also the linux is running native:

Linux kernel: 3.10.0-1127.10.1.el7.x86_64

0 Kudos
SLabe
Partner

Intel, anything on this? Is Platform designer supposed to be usable on Linux? Thank you,

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Apologies on the late reply. Yes, Platform Designer is usable on Linux.

Can you provide the following information:

1. Were you performing the same tasks (generating same IP component, same project etc) on platform designer on both Linux and Windows?
  2. Can you upload the qar file of your project?

Thanks,

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
SLabe
Partner

The customer is downloading and installing 21.1. We will report back is the issue persist. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Sounds great. Please provide the information I requested above if you come across the same problem so I can help you. 

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

We did not receive any response to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

PS: If you find any comment from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, feel free to give Kudos.

0 Kudos