Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Porting from Xilinx to Altera

Mathiazhagan
Novice

Hi there,

I want to convert a huge project which contains around 45 sub modules and around 44 ip cores of xilinx  from Xilinx to intel, Is there any way to convert else i have to do it from the scratch level.

How to define a parameter outside the module of a HDL Code in altera, Please share me the format for defining a keyword parameter in HDL Code.

Thanks in Advance  

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

I believe I have provided the support/answer that you needed in order to proceed with your project. With that, this thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

View solution in original post

24 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

.qpf for Quartus Pro cant be opened with Quartus Standard so you will need to open a new project and copy the pro .qsf file to your new qsf file to add all the files.

0 Kudos
Mathiazhagan
Novice

Dear RichardTanSY,

I opened a new project and added the .qsf file but am not able to view the files, could u please share me the individual files that u have converted instead of a single .qsf file, I will add all the converted files to the new project created and let me check.

With Regards,

V.Mathiazhagan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I believe I have provided the support/answer that you needed in order to proceed with your project. With that, this thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

Mathiazhagan
Novice

Dear Richard Tan,

Thanks a lot, I got the required support in order to proceed further in my work, The converted code is for Agilex, Will i able to use the agilex converted code to work on a cyclone 5 series boards.

With Regards,

V.Mathiazhagan

0 Kudos