cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Problem with compiling Quartus project: Working project is not working any more

Hi all, 

I am facing a problem that is not going away in any way. 

The problem is when ever I compile my design it gives the following error: 

Can't place 37 pins with 2.5 V I/O standard because Fitter has only 32 such free pins available for general purpose I/O placement. 

Well, I have changed few banks to other voltages. Then it begins to complain about other voltages, the same way.  

I am following a tutorial and using their ready made .csv file for pin assignment(importing .csv file). 

This project involves creation of schematic and generation of a Qsys system and then placing the symbol of Qsys system(NIOS II processor) in the schematic.  

It worked very fine for few days. Then I changed the Qsys file(according to the part 2 of the lab), and then it stopped working all together(failing to compile since than.  

Till part 1 of the lab it was working fine.  

So I again started project (lab 1) many times, but even lab 1 is not working now, and same fitter problem. Please see the attached file also. 

Should I clean things on system level? if yes, then which files should be deleted or option should be changed. 

Any body any guess?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Please note that I am using Quartus 16.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

The picture is not legible. 

Are you still getting the same error? In the Pin Planner, do manual pin assignments instead of just letting the Fitter do it.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

The picture is not legible. 

Are you still getting the same error? In the Pin Planner, do manual pin assignments instead of just letting the Fitter do it.