Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16599 Discussions

Qsys (Platform Designer) seq: add_fileset_file: No such file .. hps_AC_ROM.hex

MTw
Novice

I'm regenerating a hps system with the Platform Designer and receive a couple of errors during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl

Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: seq: Error during execution of "{C:/intelfpga/19.1/quartus/../nios2eds/Nios II Command Shell.bat} make all 2>> stderr.txt": child process exited abnormally Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: seq: Execution of command "{C:/intelfpga/19.1/quartus/../nios2eds/Nios II Command Shell.bat} make all 2>> stderr.txt" failed Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: seq: child process exited abnormally Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: seq: add_fileset_file: No such file C:/Users/__nnn__/AppData/Local/Temp/alt8344_7417580866586908393.dir/0004_seq_gen/hps_AC_ROM.hex Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: Generation stopped, 3 or more modules remaining Error: border: Execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl failed

I am using Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.720]

Quartus installation: LAST_QUARTUS_VERSION "19.1.0 SP0.02std Standard Edition"

I found literally the same error description here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/2018/error--border--error-during-execution-of-script-generatehpssdram.html

But the work around ist not useable because this is for Linux Operating Systems only. It shouldn't appear on a Windows machine...

Does anyone have had the same problem or maybe has a solution?

Sincerely yours,

Mirco

0 Kudos
27 Replies
MTw
Novice

Hi Kenny,

I've tried this and it works great.

To install / activate wls I used this information: https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/wsl/install-win10

I have successfully generated the HPS core and compiled the Quartus Project using Quartus Version 19.1.0 SP0.02std Standard Edition on a Windows 10 OS.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
MV
New Contributor I

I am running into the same issue. Curious if the (exactly) six (6) months since the last post were enough to address this error.  Using Quartus 20.1 (installed this week) (and didn't dare using AMD CPU - running on Intel Xeon )

Thanks - M.

0 Kudos
MV
New Contributor I

Hi,
I can confirm that the workaround installing WSL does work. 
Perhaps I should have been more patient and try it first but it was yet another hurdle - fighting the whole Saturday with Intel documents with broken links. (If you ask me - the Altera transition was far from being smooth).
It was a bit softer than I thought since I didn't have to install Linux version of Quartus but simple presence of the (Ubuntu 20) makes Quartus behave.
On top of that https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/2020/fatal--cannot-generate-ip-in-a-windows-evironment-.html announced this as fixed in February and yet another service pack later it doesn't seem so.

Life goes on.
Thanks - M

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Further investigation, if the patch above does not work. You may use the workaround mention below:

- uninstalled Ubuntu 18.04 (If you have)

- uninstalled wsl  

- re-installed wsl

- downloaded latest Ubuntu 18.04 from Microsoft Shop & installed it

- executed following on Ubuntu shell :   

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt install wsl 

sudo apt install dos2unix

sudo apt install make 

sudo apt-get upgrade 

https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/2019/wslpath---nios--ii-eds-installation-directory-or-nios-ii-project.html

0 Kudos
JWils26
Beginner

I have a similar issue with 20.1. I'm trying to build a project which builds fine in 18.1, at the Qsys generation stage I get the following errors:

Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: seq: Error during execution of "{C:/intelfpga/20.1/quartus/../nios2eds/Nios II Command Shell.bat} make all 2>> stderr.txt": child process exited abnormally

Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: seq: Execution of command "{C:/intelfpga/20.1/quartus/../nios2eds/Nios II Command Shell.bat} make all 2>> stderr.txt" failed

Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: seq: child process exited abnormally

Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: seq: add_fileset_file: No such file C:/Users/JONATH~1/AppData/Local/Temp/alt8432_5628436629018323475.dir/0004_seq_gen/hps_AC_ROM.hex

Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: Generation stopped, 3 or more modules remaining

Error: border: Execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl failed

I have ensured the TEMP variables are defined as local, on the C drive. Not sure why it has JONATH~1 in the path.

I am on Windows 10.0.18362

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

As per mention in above,

To install / activate wls : https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/wsl/install-win10

Or do it like the above mention.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Since this thread had been answered, we shall close this thread. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome to post a response within 15days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you. 

0 Kudos