Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16611 Discussions

Qsys does not store IP search paths

gyuunyuu
New Contributor II

I have found a possible solution here that does not work:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/fb28192.html

I am using Quartus Prime Standard 18.1. I open Qsys and goto Tools->Options so I can add search paths for the IP. I click add and select folder for IP path. Then I click Finish. When I open the window again, the search paths are gone. It seems that the search paths are not being registered for some reason.

If I keep the mouse in the white area of the window where added IP search paths show up, a tool tip shows up containing "Z:\/.altera_quartus/ip/18.1/ip_search_path/user_components.ipx". There is no drive Z: in my machine. What is going on here?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gyuunyuu
New Contributor II

No. The problem exists inside the ipx file. The location of where to put the ipx file is a bit restricting actually.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Hassan,

Could you try to add again the component file in IP Path and restart Quartus see if changes reflected

0 Kudos
gyuunyuu
New Contributor II

There might be something wrong with my Quartus installation.

0 Kudos