Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16842 ディスカッション

Quartus 13.1 stuck at Fitter when compiling on Linux

Azimath
ビギナー
3,067件の閲覧回数

Quartus Version: 13.1.0 build 162

Device: EP4CE115F29C7

Hi, as the title says. I have problem with the compilation. I can compile my code on device that has fewer LEs as far as i test, but when it comes to the EP4CE115F29C7. It just doesn't work and hang on 30% Fitter (Place & Route).

As far as i know that this code can compile on Windows 11 that has quartus 13.1.0 build 162, and won't hang when fitter progress to 30% as well as quartus 22.1 on linux.
Notice that Quartus 13.1 on both platform are all web edition, and my linux machine has better spec than my windows machine theoretically.
Though i haven't test on other linux distro. But if you guys ever encounter this problem and have a solution to this. I will be very happy to know.
If you guys need more info just let me know i will try my best to provide these.

The first screenshot show that it stop counting the time somehow, idk whether this is normal or bugged, but i already run it 10 min.

The second one is htop.

0 件の賞賛
9 返答(返信)
sstrell
名誉コントリビューター III
3,047件の閲覧回数

I'm not sure why you are using a 10 year old version of Quartus.  The latest versions of lite and standard (22.1) support Cyclone IV: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/757261/intel-quartus-prime-lite-edition-design-software-version-22-1-for-linux.html?

Chances are that will work better for you whether it's Windows or Linux.

RichardTanSY_Intel
従業員
3,035件の閲覧回数

My advice is to run the design first using the latest supported Quartus version, for the device you are using, to see if the issue persists. Cause a lot of bug have been fixed throughout the years.

If the design able to pass in newer Quartus version, the chances to get the support to fix the older software tool is usually none.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

Azimath
ビギナー
3,013件の閲覧回数

Thanks for reply. I just decide to use 22.1 one. But i still want to know if others got same issue like this though.

RichardTanSY_Intel
従業員
3,000件の閲覧回数

Good to know that. Let me know if the design passed or the issue persists with Quartus 22.1.

RichardTanSY_Intel
従業員
2,963件の閲覧回数

Any update on this? Do you able to make progress?

Azimath
ビギナー
2,952件の閲覧回数

22.1 works fine. the only problem is the VWF bugged. Which i mention in here: Quartus 22 - University Program VWF - Ouputs stays to an undefined state

So basically no more compiling problem now.

RichardTanSY_Intel
従業員
2,927件の閲覧回数

Good to know that your issue has been resolved and I already saw an agent has attended to your other inquiry. Since your issue has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. 

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

TuKo
ビギナー
2,174件の閲覧回数
Same problem for me with 13.1 on latest popOS (Ubuntu based) 22.04. I do require 13.1 since it is latest version to support Cyclone 3. It works well on Windows but is stuck on fitter with Linux.
Juan_Pedro
ビギナー
1,866件の閲覧回数

I am having the exact same problem. When I compile a project it gets stuck in "Analysis and Synthesis" at 46%.

Any update?

返信