Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

(Quartus 17.1) Missing pin assignments for input/outputs in schematic files (.bsf)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

since I started to use 17.1 lite edition, I am not able to see the assigned pins for all inputs/ outputs in the block schematics of my projects anymore. I would like to see which output is connected to which pin in my schematic file (.bsf). Even when I create new projects from scratch, I am not able to see the assignments I have done earlier with the Pinplanner in my project which should be transfered and visualized in the current schematic (.bsf)-file, although all assignments are preserved in the "assignment editor" and "Pin Planner". Actually, I can resolve this issue by using Quartus 15.1.....:confused: 

How can I solve that problem?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

How far have you compiled the design? Have you at least synthesized it?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi sstrell, 

yes I have synthesized my design and I can compile my design completely, but the visualization for the pin assignment is still missing in the .bsf-file. I dont know which changes have been applied during the transition from 15.1 to 16.x to 17.1. Maybe some features must be acitvated again, but I don't know how to deal with that.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

View menu option perhaps? Or go to Options from the Tools menu.

0 Kudos