Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15330 Discussions

(Quartus 17.1) Missing pin assignments for input/outputs in schematic files (.bsf)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

since I started to use 17.1 lite edition, I am not able to see the assigned pins for all inputs/ outputs in the block schematics of my projects anymore. I would like to see which output is connected to which pin in my schematic file (.bsf). Even when I create new projects from scratch, I am not able to see the assignments I have done earlier with the Pinplanner in my project which should be transfered and visualized in the current schematic (.bsf)-file, although all assignments are preserved in the "assignment editor" and "Pin Planner". Actually, I can resolve this issue by using Quartus 15.1.....:confused: 

How can I solve that problem?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

How far have you compiled the design? Have you at least synthesized it?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi sstrell, 

yes I have synthesized my design and I can compile my design completely, but the visualization for the pin assignment is still missing in the .bsf-file. I dont know which changes have been applied during the transition from 15.1 to 16.x to 17.1. Maybe some features must be acitvated again, but I don't know how to deal with that.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

View menu option perhaps? Or go to Options from the Tools menu.