Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16594 Discussions

Quartus 18.1 doesnot create .sdo files

RVadl2
Novice

I am using a Cyclone 10 LP FPGA for my project along with Quartus 18.1 for design development. I am able to run the functional simulation but I am not able to generate .sdo files for performing Timing simulation.

Can you help me on this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kenny_Tan

The gate level simulation is not supported in V series of device. You can refer to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/qts/qts_qii53025.pdf page 1-2

Gate-level timing simulation of an entire design can be slow and should be avoided. Gate-level timing simulation is supported only for the Stratix IV and Cyclone IV device families. Use TimeQuest static timing analysis rather than gate-level timing simulation

Make sure you go to assignement -> Settings -> EDA Tools Simulation -> generate functional simulation netlist -> turn it to on.

0 Kudos
Jeremy_J_
Novice

Make sure you go to assignement -> Settings -> EDA Tools Simulation -> generate functional simulation netlist -> turn it to on.

This is wrong, please turn it off then you got .sdo file generated