Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15317 Discussions

Quartus 18.1 doesnot create .sdo files

RVadl2
Novice

I am using a Cyclone 10 LP FPGA for my project along with Quartus 18.1 for design development. I am able to run the functional simulation but I am not able to generate .sdo files for performing Timing simulation.

Can you help me on this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kenny_Tan

The gate level simulation is not supported in V series of device. You can refer to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/qts/qts_qii53025.pdf page 1-2

Gate-level timing simulation of an entire design can be slow and should be avoided. Gate-level timing simulation is supported only for the Stratix IV and Cyclone IV device families. Use TimeQuest static timing analysis rather than gate-level timing simulation

Make sure you go to assignement -> Settings -> EDA Tools Simulation -> generate functional simulation netlist -> turn it to on.

Jeremy_J_
Novice

Make sure you go to assignement -> Settings -> EDA Tools Simulation -> generate functional simulation netlist -> turn it to on.

This is wrong, please turn it off then you got .sdo file generated