Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Quartus 18.1 not programming .pof file. .sof file works fine. Says it passes if I don't enable real-time ISP but it doesn't work. Fails if I enable real time ISP.

ADelp
Beginner

I have tried every combination of the Program/Configure check boxes with and without real-time ISP checked. I have also tried doing it after I successfully load in the .sof.

I have followed section 3.3 of the configuration section many times.

Also I am using max 10 10M25DAF256 shouldn't it have CFM1 and CFM2 options? Something seems wrong.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi ADelp,

Can you provide the error message log in the Quartus programmer when the .pof file programming failed? The screen shot does not show any error message apart from the progress bar failed at 52%.

If you are using Dual Compressed mode in your project design with the Dual Boot IP, then only you can generate the .pof file containing 2 compressed images for CFM0 and CFM1/2 respectively. Otherwise if you are using Single Compress/Uncompressed mode, then you can only generate a .pof file with 1 image for CFM0. This is already shown under "Figure 2. Configuration Flash Memory Sectors Utilization for all Intel MAX 10" from the MAX 10 Configuration User Guide in the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/ug_m10_config.pdf

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
ADelp
Beginner

So I got it to work by adding 10k pullups to the NSTATUS, CONF_DONE, and NCONFIG pins. Are these actually needed or is there any way around this? I figured out that the program was actually loaded into the FPGA but it just wasn't configuring on power up without these pullups. After I added them the board configured even though I didn't attempt to reprogram it.

0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi ADelp,

Thanks for the update, it's good to know that you were able to resolve the issue. To answer your question yes, in the MAX 10 JTAG setup the nCONFIG, nSTATUS and CONF_DONE are require to be pull up to VCCIO voltage level via 10kohm pull up. You can refer to chapter 3.2.3. JTAG Configuration Setup in the following MAX 10 device Configuration user guide:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/ug_m10_config.pdf

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos