Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

Quartus 19.2 warning 20536: Programming file generation feature has been removed....

SDe_J
New Contributor I

Hello Forums,

I have updated to Quartus 19.2. It's working great, but I get this warning:

Warning(20536): Programming file generation feature has been removed from compilation flow and the corresponding legacy settings in Quartus Prime Setting File (.qsf) have been ignored. Please use Programmer File Generator or Convert Programming File Tool to generate programming file.

The compilation finishes properly, and a .sof file is produced. I assume this would be related to a .pof file?

What legacy .qsf settings does this warning refer to?

Thanks for the assistance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

You can ignore this warning.

'The compilation finishes properly, and a .sof file is produced. I assume this would be related to a .pof file?' --- --- -- Yes, It is related to generate secondary programming files.The Programming File Generator separates the generation of configuration files with the generation of bitstreams that contain the design logic. This ability allows you to define flash partitions, and also generate several programming files simultaneously. The Programming File Generator tool is available in the Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition software versions 18.0 and later. For details refer the links below,

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an827.pdf

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/ftt1513991830769.html

'What legacy .qsf settings does this warning refer to?' ------ --- -- It might be due to quartus update has done from older version by you.

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
SDe_J
New Contributor I

Thank you for your assistance.

The links you provided led me to find this setting in mt .qsf file:

set_global_assignment -name GENERATE_RBF_FILE ON

Removing this or setting it to off removed the warning.

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Glad to know that our suggestion helped to resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Vicky

0 Kudos