Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16592 Discussions

Quartus 19.3 System Compilation error

antoineback
Beginner

Hello,

I have a problem during the compilation of my project.

Every step seems to end successfully (Synthesis, Fitter, Timing Analysis, ...). In compilation dashboard, each step is displayed in green. But the top "Compile design" is displayed in red, as you can see in attached image.

I don't have any error displayed in Processing LOG, but I have this error in System LOG :

Error(16546): Cannot load final database - ensure all earlier stages of the compiler have completed.

Does anyone have an idea to help me?

I'm using Quartus 19.3 pro.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I'll see the Error(16546): Cannot load final database - ensure all earlier stages of the compiler have completed. if using incompatible Quartus version. For example, if the project is compiled with Pro v19.3 with patches and being opened with Pro v19.3 without patches. Make sure the version are compatible.

Can also delete the qdb folder and re-compiled.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Any further update or concern?

Does your problem being resolved?

Thanks,

Sheng

0 Kudos
antoineback
Beginner

Hi,

This problem does not occur at each compilation. I don't know which parameter make this error happening. I'm always using the same version of quartus. I also tried to completely clean the project, including the qdb folder but it doesn't seem to be helpful or at least sufficient.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Antoine

0 Kudos