Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
14957 Discussions

Quartus 20.1 evaluation newproject wizard help

SHITANSH
Employee

I am have installed Quartus STD 20.1 version, & continued using Evaluation.

While creating new project wizard for Cyclone5 5CSEBA6U23I7, after click on finish, software not responding. I have seen same issue in Quartus lite 20.1 & 19 version as well.

Question is : Do I am missing something after installation?

Thank You.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SyafieqS_Intel

Hi Shintansh,

The issue is probably because you are saving you project files in Quartus installation path. By defaults the project location to C:\intelFPGA_lite\20.1 which is read-only. It should default to e.g. the Documents directory or require you to enter a path. In the new project wizard try to change to any new directory you want and create new project, it should be okay.

Cheers,

Syafieq

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SyafieqS_Intel

Hi Shintash,

Make sure you meet all the basic system and requirement for Cyclone V. Please refer to link below for details

https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/requirements/20.1/

Following are general methods what you should do:

1. Make sure your OS is up to date 

2. Kill any heavy background running while using Quartus

4. Reinstall Quartus and relaunch 

Thanks,

Regards

SyafieqS_Intel

Hi Shintansh,

The issue is probably because you are saving you project files in Quartus installation path. By defaults the project location to C:\intelFPGA_lite\20.1 which is read-only. It should default to e.g. the Documents directory or require you to enter a path. In the new project wizard try to change to any new directory you want and create new project, it should be okay.

Cheers,

Syafieq

View solution in original post