Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

Quartus 21.1 becomes unresponsive

DE0Lab
Beginner

There is a procedure from TrustHub to implement AES-1800 using XILINX. I believe I can use the design flow in general but need to develop my application with Quartus/Intel-Altera. When I setup the new project wizard and click finish, Quartus 21.1 becomes unresponsive, and I have to end the Quartus task. Can you provide a like procedure for Quartus/Intel-Altera? Please provide technical support.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hello,

This sounds like an installation issue. Please reinstall the Quartus software.

If you still see the issue, can you let me know what device you are targeting and which Quartus version you are using? (Pro/Standard/Lite?)

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
DE0Lab
Beginner

Thanks Nurina. After reinstalling, the problem is unfortunately still there. Targeting the Altera Cyclone V 5CEBA4F23C7N on the Terasic DE0-CV FPGA Board using Quartus Prime Standard Edition, version 21.1

Regards,

Rob

0 Kudos
DE0Lab
Beginner

Targeting the Altera Cyclone V 5CEBA4F23C7N on the Terasic DE0-CV FPGA Board using Quartus Prime Standard Edition, version 21.1

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Only these OS are supported. Are you using any of them?

• CentOS(*) 7.7
  • CentOS 8.2
  • Red Hat(*) Enterprise Linux(*) 7.7
  • Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.2
  • SUSE(*) Linux Enterprise Server 12.0 SP5
  • SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15.0 LTS
  • Ubuntu(*) 16.04.06
  • Ubuntu 18.04.01
  • Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
  • Windows(*) 10
  • Windows Server(*) 2012
  • Windows Server 2016
  • Windows Server 2019

Are you following the disk space and memory recommendations as stated here? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683593/22-1/disk-space-and-memory-recommendations.html

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
DE0Lab
Beginner

Using Windows 10 Pro

0 Kudos
DE0Lab
Beginner

Was able to resolve various setup and licensing related issues: the design is now running compile with following errors:

Error (12061): Can't synthesize current design -- Top partition does not contain any logic
Error: Quartus Prime Analysis & Synthesis was unsuccessful. 1 error, 10 warnings
Error: Peak virtual memory: 4824 megabytes
Error: Processing ended: Fri Jan 20 10:52:35 2023
Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:08
Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:00:17
Error (293001): Quartus Prime Full Compilation was unsuccessful. 3 errors, 10 warnings

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hello,

I'm glad you solved the first problem. Can you share your project?

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
DE0Lab
Beginner

Hi Nurina,

Unfortunately, am still getting errors. Can you help via remote debugging session?

Error (169281): There are 257 IO input pads in the design, but only 224 IO input pad locations available on the device.

Thanks,

--Rob

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hello,

Since your new problem is a design related problem, please post a new thread.

Thank you,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hello,

We do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer provided. Please login to https://supporttickets.intel.com , view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 4/5 survey

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos