Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Quartus IP cores producing Modelsim error (vsim-6873)

jhertzog
Beginner

I have a few testbenches in the project that produce the following error in Modelsim:

# ** Error (suppressible): (vsim-6873) Child scope X already exists in parent Y

Some of the testbenches use the Quartus FIR filter IP core and for those testbenches, the errors report that this is where the errors were coming from. Modelsim support have directed me to raise a ticket with Intel support. Are there any steps I can take to resolve this error?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

I'd like to reproduce your error. Can you provide the following:

1. Your qar file. To generate a qar file, go to Project->Archive Project...
  2. Your Quartus version
  3. Your OS machine

Let me know if you prefer to keep your qar file private and I will send you an e-mail so you can send it there to keep it confidential.

Thanks.

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
jhertzog
Beginner

Hi Nurina

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I'm not able to provide a .qar file. We've decided to suppress the error as a work-around.

Regards,

Jukka

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Jukka,

I see. With that I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos