Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Quartus Lite installation fails on blaster cable

BillM256
New Contributor I

Hello,

I’m attempting to install Quartus Lite for a DE10-Nano. The install errors-out trying to install the JTAG Blaster Cable. I found the correct diagnosis of no digital signature certificate for the driver at: https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/2021/why-does-the-intel--fpga-download-cables-drivers-installation-fa.html.

However, although Lite is mentioned in the heading, the corrective patches are for Pro and Standard only. Further, the downloadable readmes for each indicate the patch should only be applied to the specified version. E.g., “This patch is for standalone Programmer std edition only.”

It seems apparent that this article was intended to also address the Lite version, but I need guidance about using an included patch or finding the correct one elsewhere.

Thanks in advance,

Bill McDonald

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your solution with us. You can also used this manual method:

Manual Method:

1 - Go to windows 10 settings and search for "advanced startup options"

2 - Under Advanced startup, hit "Restart now"

3 - After a moment, you'll get a "choose an option" screen - choose "Troubleshoot", then "Advanced options", then "Startup Settings"

4 - You'll get a screen telling you what you will be able to change and a single "Restart" button - press it.

5 - If your boot drive is BitLocker encrypted, you'll need to enter the recovery key (press return, enter the key in the text box then hit return again - it took me three goes to realize I had to hit return before I could enter they key !)

6 - You'll be given a menu of options, number 7 disables driver signature enforcement

7 - When the PC restarts, use Device manager to update the drivers - this time you'll get a warning about the signature, but they install fine.

8 - When you've finished, restart normally to re-enable signature enforcement

I will proceed to close this case.

Regards,

Aiman

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BillM256
New Contributor I

All,

After posting the above, I remembered finding a solution at Terasic for a similar error while installing the USB-Ethernet driver. I had assumed, incorrectly as it turns out, that disabling signature enforcement is a permanent change.

It isn’t, and reapplying this procedure, which is much simpler (and safer I would think) than the Intel article I cited previously, solved the current problem with the JTAG driver too. Below is the link and the step-by-step:

Thanks,

Bill McDonald

http://www.terasic.com.tw/wiki/Set_%22Disable_Driver_Signature_Enforcement%22_on_Win10

1. Click the Start menu and select Settings:
  2. Click Updating&Security:
  3. Click on Recovery, then click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
  4. Click Troubleshoot
  5. Click Advance Options:
  6. Click Start-Up Settings:
  7. Click Restart:
  8. On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to set "Disable driver signature enforcement".
  9. Your computer will restart and you will be able to install non-digitally signed drivers. [For this start only.]

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your solution with us. You can also used this manual method:

Manual Method:

1 - Go to windows 10 settings and search for "advanced startup options"

2 - Under Advanced startup, hit "Restart now"

3 - After a moment, you'll get a "choose an option" screen - choose "Troubleshoot", then "Advanced options", then "Startup Settings"

4 - You'll get a screen telling you what you will be able to change and a single "Restart" button - press it.

5 - If your boot drive is BitLocker encrypted, you'll need to enter the recovery key (press return, enter the key in the text box then hit return again - it took me three goes to realize I had to hit return before I could enter they key !)

6 - You'll be given a menu of options, number 7 disables driver signature enforcement

7 - When the PC restarts, use Device manager to update the drivers - this time you'll get a warning about the signature, but they install fine.

8 - When you've finished, restart normally to re-enable signature enforcement

I will proceed to close this case.

Regards,

Aiman