Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Quartus Prime Lite Ver20.1のFP_FUNCTION Intel FPGA IPの作成でGeneration Faildになる不具合発生の対策について

まつたか
Beginner

まつたか_0-1594120962630.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kenny_Tan

Since we have provided the workaround, and we do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Seems like I cannot duplicate this from my side, can you attached your design.qar files to have a look? You can look into your email to attached a file.

0 Kudos
まつたか
Beginner

返信、有難うございます。

添付ファイルを受信して確認してみたいと思います。

メールアドレス         t-matu@k8.dion.ne.jp

よろしくお願いいたします。

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Also, you may need to let us know what OS that you were using?

0 Kudos
まつたか
Beginner

使用OSは、Windows10 Homeです。

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Thanks for attaching the design,

Look into the content of *.qip in Q20.1, it seems that it is still using Altera FP function.

If you open up the IP catalog, you will notice that the name change from Altera to Intel.

Which means, you cannot do direct migration on this,

Can you do the following:

1) recreate the FP_function_intel_fpga in the ip catalog for 20.1.

2) follow the setting that you have in 18.0

See if you still hit the error in windows 10?

0 Kudos
まつたか
Beginner

20.1のFP_FUNCTIONS Intel FPGA IPについて確認、指示をいただきまして、ありがとうございます。

作成したFPIP_tstプロジェクトのqipファイルの内容を確認しますと、

IP_TOOL_VERSION "20.1"にもかかわらず、IP_TOOL_NAME  "altera_fp_functions"になっていることを

確認しました。

そこで、Project Navigator欄の"add_sub.qip"を一旦削除し、FP_FUNCTIONS Intel FPGA IPで"add_sub.v"

を再作成するのですが、Generation Faildが発生します。

又、Project Navigator欄の"add_sub.qip"項目にadd_sub_0002が登録されていなくて、

Analysis & Elaborationを実行した時に下記のエラーメッセージが発生しています。

Error (12006): Node instance "add_sub_inst" instantiates undefined entity "add_sub_0002". Ensure that required library paths are specified correctly, define the specified entity, or change the instantiation. If this entity represents Intel FPGA or third-party IP, generate the synthesis files for the IP.

Error: Quartus Prime Analysis & Elaboration was unsuccessful. 1 error, 1 warning

Error: Peak virtual memory: 4804 megabytes

Error: Processing ended: Fri Jul 10 08:16:06 2020

Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:15

Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:00:30

どのように対処すればよいか、ご教示お願いいたします。

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Can you reattached your modified design? You may send the design in email.

0 Kudos
まつたか
Beginner
 お世話になります。
 IPカタログのFP_FUNCTIONS Intel FPGA IPのadd_sub.vを再作成し
 たFPIP_tstプロジェクトをアーカイブファイル"FPIP_tst.qar"にして添付
 メールします。
 ご確認、よろしくお願いいたします。
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

I cannot find the files in the mail, can you reattached it?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Thanks for your attachment,

To work around this problem, Can you try to generate the add_sub Intel FPGA IP in Quartus® Prime std Edition software version 18.0 and use the RTL generated files to Quartus Prime std Edition software version 20.1?

I test the workaround above on my side, it seems to work. I will log a bug to our developer to fix it.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Since we have provided the workaround, and we do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos