Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15380 Discussions

Quartus Prime Lite no Slew Rate Setting?

Wavelength
Novice

I am working on a design in Quartus Prime Lite for a MAX-V CPLD.

I have everything compiling and spent a couple hours setting the IO types, current and pin#s but I don't see anywhere to the set the Slew Rate that is mentioned in the data sheets, handbook and other documents in the Lite software.

I see video's from college classes showing it but I don't see or able to enable that option in the Pin Planner.

Do I really need to spend $3000 to get that option?

Thanks,

Gordon

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Wavelength
Novice

Ok, right clicking, then customize, then add Slow Slew Rate.

Thanks,

Gordon

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You can use the Assignment Editor or right-click in the All Pins list in Pin Planner and select Customize Columns to display additional assignments.

Wavelength
Novice

Thanks for the quick response!

But there is no slew rate option in either one the Pin Planner or Assignment Editor. If I right click in the pin planner all the options are enabled and there is no options for Slew Rate in the Lite version.

Thanks,

Gordon

sstrell
Honored Contributor III

So in Customize Columns, there's no option for slew rate?

Wavelength
Novice

Ok, right clicking, then customize, then add Slow Slew Rate.

Thanks,

Gordon