Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Quartus Prime Standard Edition "Remove IP Component from Project" Greyed out

bitstreamer
Novice

Using Quartus Prime Version 20.1.0 Build 711. In the Project Navigator with IP Components selected, when I right click to remove an IP Component listed, "Remove IP Component from Project" is greyed out. What can cause this? Upgrade IP Component is greyed out as well.

It would appear the only way to remove an IP component is by deleting the IP directory in the library path, and then removing the IP references in the tcl files. 

Why am I having to go through all these steps to do such a simple request? What conditions could cause an IP to not be deleted?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Can you post a screenshot and explain how the IP is instantiated in the project?  Maybe it's part of a Platform Designer system.

0 Kudos
bitstreamer
Novice

It happens regardless if the IP is instantiated or not. Seems to apply to all IP - I've never seen it not greyed out.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I don't understand.  How can an IP be in a project design and not instantiated?  It has to be connected to the rest of the design somehow.  Can you show a screenshot?

0 Kudos
bitstreamer
Novice

You can create a design in platform designer and add it within the design hierarchy at a later time. i'll post one tomorrow, thank you for your consideration!

0 Kudos
bitstreamer
Novice
0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Joe,

Possible to attached the qar here? let me me check at my end?

Alternatively, you may removed the IP by commenting it in qsf as a workaround. No need to delete the directory of the IP.

0 Kudos
bitstreamer
Novice

Unfortunately can't. I'll try and create a similar project.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Joe,

May I know if there is any update?

0 Kudos
bitstreamer
Novice

Yes - I tried to create a new project, but it allows removal of the IP. What could possibly cause a IP component to not have the capability to be removed? I'd assume this would go beyond file permissions.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Joe,

This could be due to file permission as it not allowed to to remove the file. Need to check on the directory/path as well might need to config chmod (if you are linux user) to give permission.

0 Kudos