Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15391 Discussions

Quartus Programmer error log

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi folks, 

I am wondering if there is a Quartus Programmer error log. I am trying to progam a design into the flash memory of my FPGA (Cyclone V) (by combining https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpsfcgnqocu and the manual of the Terasic SoCKit) such that it will load this design during power-up. However, the programmer only provides me with "%0 (Failed)" and there don't appear any messages in the System log/messages of Quartus. I have been searching the web for some time now but have not yet found a solution. Is there somewhere a log (file) or something similar that provides with somewhat more useful messages/errors/information than "0% (Failed)"? 

Cheers, 

Wobbert 

----- 

edit: I noticed I posted this thread in the wrong forum (it was already Friday 6pm local time when I posted it :P). My sincere apologize. I would very much appreciate it if an admin/moderator could move this topic to the right forum ("Quartus II and EDA Tools Discussion"), please. Thanks in advance :)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

There is a message log in the Quartus that should be showing the programming process. Refer to the screens shot. 

Which TerasicSOC kit are you using? You should provide a screen show showing the Quartus message log during the programming process.  

Regards, 

nyusof 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear nyusof, 

Thank you very much for your reply. I am quite sure I checked the Quartus System log and didn't found any new messages. However when I try it again know, there is indeed an error message within the system log. Maybe I was looking at the wrong instance of Quartus or I am just somewhat stupid :P Thanks for the help, now I can continue debugging :) 

Kind regards, 

Wobbert