Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Quartus fitter error during hardware generation of OpenCL HLS code

UwU
Beginner

Hi,

I have been trying to compile a large OpenCL HLS code for Intel Arria-10 GX1150 programmed by a PAC.  I tried compiling examples and smaller kernels within my project, which worked perfectly. However, for the whole code, I'm facing multiple errors. I tried to pinpoint the source and I found this error :

Error (23035): Tcl error: ERROR: Error(s) found while running an executable. See report file(s) for error message(s). Message log indicates which executable was run last.

while executing
"execute_flow -compile "
(procedure "compile_pr_revision_impl" line
invoked from within
"compile_pr_revision_impl $impl_rev_name"
(procedure "compile_pr_revision" line 11)
invoked from within
"compile_pr_revision $options(impl)"
(procedure "main" line 87)
invoked from within
"main"
invoked from within
"if {($::quartus(nameofexecutable) == "quartus") || ($::quartus(nameofexecutable) == "quartus_pro") || ($::quartus(nameofexecutable) == "qpro")} {

#..."
(file "a10_partial_reconfig/flow.tcl" line 581)

Further, I found the following internal error, searched for it in knowledge base, but could not find the specific solution:

Info (19727): Fitter will now perform the packing at the highest effort level
Internal Error: Sub-system: VPR20KMAIN, File: /quartus/fitter/vpr20k/vpr_common/cluster_constraints.cpp, Line: 1880

Please explain the root cause and suggest solutions. I am attaching a copy of quartus_sh_compile.log here for your reference.

Thanks and regards,

Aaryan

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know which BSP or environment are you using? Could you provide me the guide in order to duplicate the issue?

0 Kudos
UwU
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using the Intel OpenCL for FPGA SDK, version 19.4.0 Pro edition. Attaching the GitHub repo containing the OpenCL code for your reference : https://github.com/PSCLab-ASU/Systolic-CNN/tree/master/conv/conv/conv/device

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you try to compile the example design from Quartus OpenCL?

0 Kudos
UwU
Beginner

Hi,

I've run the "vector add" example design and it compiled and ran perfectly. I'm attaching the compilation log of the "vector add" design.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You will need to run in OpenCL 19.4 and Quartus 19.2. The Arria 10 PAC cannot be compile in Quartus 19.4.

0 Kudos
UwU
Beginner

Hi,

I have to clarify that we are using the very versions of OpenCL(19.4) and Quartus(19.2) that you have mentioned and also that the "vector add" design was compiled and run successfully for Arria 10 GX PAC. for large designs like the one I am working on, it did not. Please suggest some alternate solution. Here are my machine resources:

RAM: 64GB
ROM: 2TB
CPU: intel Xeon Bronze 12 cores(6 Cores * 2 Processors)

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know which Acceleration Stackm version are you using?

0 Kudos
UwU
Beginner

Hi,

The version number is 1.2.1

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It looks like the design is not able to be fitted into Arria 10 PAC card. Not sure if you can try it out in D5005 Acceleration card or Arria 10 GX Development kit?

0 Kudos
UwU
Beginner

Hi,

I tried compiling it for Arria 10 GX devkit earlier and it returned with an error as well. I don't have the D5005 acceleration card available.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

In Arria 10 GX development kit, which OpenCL and Quartus version are you using?

0 Kudos