Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

QuartusLiteSetup-18.1.0.625-windows : License problem

ZVere
Beginner

Hello,

I downloaded QuartusLiteSetup-18.1.0.625-windows from https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/18.1/?edition=lite

and installed it successfully under windows 7,10. 

When I worked under windows 10 with Internet, it worked fine. 

When I worked under windows 7 without Internet, I got a license error when creating a BSP from nios.sopcinfo. 

I understand that this version is free. Am I right ?

According to: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/support-centers/licensing.html

"Beginning with version 8.1, a license file is no longer required for this or future versions of the Intel Quartus II Web Edition or Intel Quartus Prime Lite Edition software. There is no charge for this version of the software."

When I tried to rebuild a project with a BSP created earlier, the build was Ok. 

I had a problem only with BSP creation. 

Thank you,

Zvika 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Can you try using the latest version of the Intel Quartus Prime Lite edition software, v20.1.1 and see if the problem occurs?

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
ZVere
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I can't upgrade to v20.1.1

The firmware was created with 18.1

Best Regards,

Zvika

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi Zvika,

I could help to report this to our engineering team if it is reproducible in the latest version of the Intel Quartus Prime software as some bugs in the older version will be fixed in the newer version. I understand that you could not upgrade to the latest version. If you could and the error is reproducible, I will help to file a report case to the team. If it is not feasible, could you use the workaround - Use Win 10 or Win 7 with internet ?

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
ZVere
Beginner

Hi KhaiY,

With Internet (win10) it works fine. 

But when I installed the same version under win7 without Internet, I got the error. 

Is there any log I can send ?

Thank you,

Zvika 

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no log available. Could you share the license error message?

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos