Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Questa - Intel FPGA Edition support for Quartus Standard Edition

TJohn
New Contributor I

How will simulation of FPGAs supported by Quartus Standard Edition be possible with Questa - Intel FPGA Edition replacing ModelSim - Intel Edition?  The latest version of Quartus Standard Edition on the download page is 20.1.1 with ModelSim, not Questa.  We need simulation for Cyclone V, and various MegaCores implemented in Cyclone V, including the Triple Speed Ethernet MAC MegaCore, and the DDR3 SDRAM Controller with UniPHY, and others for 1 design.  The Ethernet controller is a separate license.  The DDR3 controller is part of the IP Base Suite Package.  We need support for Cyclone IV and Max-10 for other designs.  We cannot use ModelSim because our license has expired and new ModelSim licenses apparently are not available.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @TJohn 

If you do not mind to wait for a while, the Quartus Standard 21.1 is plan to release by next week, along with the Questa - Intel FPGA Edition. Then you can use the Questa - Intel FPGA Edition tool for your simulation. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Are you talking about the full ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition as opposed to the free licensing of the Starter edition?  Where do you see that licenses for the full edition are not available?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @TJohn 

If you do not mind to wait for a while, the Quartus Standard 21.1 is plan to release by next week, along with the Questa - Intel FPGA Edition. Then you can use the Questa - Intel FPGA Edition tool for your simulation. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
Bmack
Beginner

I just downloaded Quartus lite 21.3 . I have Questa sim with my download. While downloading Questa sim , that comes with the Quartus 21.3 package, it says Questa sim has a zero cost license associated with it. I'm trying to access this license. I have Registered with "Intel® PSG Self Servicing License Center (SSLC)" yet when I go to this page after Registering ,I'm redirected to another site with in your company but not a place where I can get my zero cost license file for Questa sim. How can I gain access to my Zero Cost license for this project?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @Bmack 

Please file a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

You may checkout this forum thread. 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-FPGA-Software-Installation/Guidelines-amp-Information-on-Questa-Intel-FPGA-Edition-Software/m-p/1329999

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos